View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
tjts1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
No, it is certainly a sports car. I just deny that it will get better mileage on the way home after a day at the track than the Vette will. Maybe it will prove me wrong later, but it certainly hasn't yet.

I just brought the price up because it surprised me.
The 918 has a smaller engine than the Vette and even if you don't plug it in its still a full parallel hybrid just like the Prius. I don't see how the 918 wouldn't get more than 30mph on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
The Cayman is the epitome of a sports car. Just read an article about the latest one where they say it just may be the best handling car in the world and it definitely beats out the 911.
The previous generation Cayman (987) has depreciated to under $20k. I can definitely see buying one in the near future. They worked out most of the engine bugs of the 986/996 so it should be far more reliable. The new generation Cayman is a real gem but far outside my budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaber View Post
The MX-5/Miata is one of the best sports cars in history. It has proof to back it up. It is probably the most raced production car ever. If that doesn't make it a sports car what does?
Miata is an excellent example of a pure sports car. The hard top convertible you can actually live with every day in any weather. Sports car has nothing to do with horsepower.

Last edited by tjts1; 07-12-2013 at 11:17 AM..