View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
With this design you can apply exactly the same amount of power at each wheel independently of the other wheels. Each wheel is it's own powertrain independent of the others. You can got to the neutral stroke position on any individual wheel or any combination of wheels for the purpose of traction control or antilock braking by adjusting the stroke position of each wheel.
Current traction control systems use brake friction which is supremely wasteful. My system would not waste any energy to control traction or braking, just vary the stroke position based on each wheels individual needs.
What is really misunderstood about a truly high efficiency hydraulic hybrid, despite my repeated attempts to explain it here, is when you reach a level of system overall efficiency you can use pulse and glide tactics, WITHOUT SPEED VARIATION, at only peak BSFC.
While P&G is vastly more efficienct than normal driving, the peak speed obtained incurs exponentially higher aero drag. Constant speed P&G with my system eliminates this significant loss.
Another sadly misunderstood fact is that a hydraulic hybrid cares not where it gets its stored energy power from. Be it electric, diesel, gas IC, steam, hydroelectric, solar panels, or friggin windmills and sails, the hydraulic system applies that stored energy more efficiently and recovers energy more efficiently that ANY alternative, in some cases magnitudes greater efficiency. An example is the 2006 EPA graphs comparing electric regeneration to hydraulic, with electric at 33% and hydraulic at 75%, not even close.
I knew this ten years ago and fought a war with idiots at the Patent Office to get my idea recognized. Now I find the war has just begun. so I am building a vehicle, then I will build a prtotype to demonstrate my design in a system that takes advantage of the unique characteristics of the design.
If you (Green Hornet) want to use my design in your vehicle, I would gladly provide you with a license to produce a functional example, but I think it would be costly (the first one always is), and it could be a disappointment, but after the year long Va Tech investigation with a postive judgement I think it will work and I will build it myself if I have to.
I have written many threads on this forum and others about my design and found the effort to be rather counterproductive. If you read the responses in the original linked article you will see an almost overwhelming ignorance of the most simple facts about hydraulic design and systems. After 10 years I just don't feel like spending the time trying to educate people without compensation.

regards
Mech