View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
RPM as a trigger on diesel fuel measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
Jose,

You can't measure constantly any values here so you need a trigger to measure fuel dose at the injection pump. That's why you need rpm signal. It's a trigger for the moment that you should look into other signals from the IP.

That's an example of fuel dose. Rack position is combined with an ELR offset and that gives you exact fuel dosage. Measuring those two values at the moment of trigger signal (rpm) gives you the amount of fuel per one rpm. Changing this to time of injection pulse gives you proper signal for MPGuino.

So you don't need any pump specific volumes. You just need to calibrate it properly and voila!
Dear AndrzejM,

I try hard to understand and follow yr thoughts, but I cannot do it fully.

RPM is also a signal that is present at every moment. When shall we consider that it is triggering the measure of Rack + ELR? Are you talking of sampling signal values?

Let me think: we have one injection per cylinder every two turns of the engine, right? Equals 0,5 injections per turn per cylinder. If so, as we have 6 cylinders, then we have: 0,5 * 6 = 3 injections per turn of the engine.

So you want to sample (measure) rack position 3 times per revolution, and just in the moment injection is produced? Is that the idea? And how do you do that?

I am very slow today but I perceive you have a very clear idea in mind, but not how it Works. But my interest increase any minute.

Thank you for the graphic and the explanation, but I still donīt follow you.
I lack of knowledge for it. Please. try to express it even simpler, if posible.

Looking forward for it,

Old Beaver