View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
ok Karl, calm down. Have you ever thought that the big old truck that brought your groceries paid the taxes on the way over. Or how about the employees paying the taxes that are set up. And that the store will be passing those taxes to you by the way of price inflation? Finding a way to tax people who are not significantly contributing to the problem is the topic of this thread.

And if you are annoyed by tax dodgers, what is your feeling on international corporations? Bank of America, Verizon, etc etc. They routinely owe no taxes or even have the Federal government pay them. The real issue is complexity in the tax system. Then you need to hire specialized people to find your no tax loopholes and the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A very simple universal flat tax on all goods and all services taxes everyone from the poorest individual to the richest corporation equally and impartially. But at the same time the poor do not contribute as much as the rich because the rich buy more things that are more expensive.

That would never happen, too much BS would be called and there would be a lot of egg on a lot of faces. Can anyone tell I am a Libertarian? I find it amazing that the Ancient Jews were able to run a government and a religion off of a 10% tax.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPGranger For This Useful Post:
elhigh (07-23-2013), Frank Lee (07-17-2013)