View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
This isn't about Xist's car, this is just an update on my "customer" who bought the short running valve actuator that I told him wouldn't fix his car. He just called back (he didn't tell me it was him, but I'm not that stupid). He had me chack a part number that teh interwebs gave him; it was the original part number for the actuator. I cheerfully told him that the part number ending in AA superceded to an AB, which is not available separately, but was serviced as the manifold. I didn't get into the side note that offered a separate actuator because that was the piece I sold him in the first place, telling him it wouldn't fix his problem. He was upset that something that can be taken apart can't be bought that way and is now going off to the junkyard in search of a used short running valve actuator. Which won't fix his problem.

It's funny- yes, the PCM says the actuator isn't doing its job. But in this case the factory has found that it's more likely that something in the manifold is broken and the actuator is working perfectly. So they stop making actuators available separately. But since the code says actuator, trying to sell anything else is just being evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%