Thread: Artificial Lawn
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
I received my samples of Pegra (Costco) artificial lawn today. It looks real convincing when looking at it from just a few feet away... still, very spendy and a lot of initial work.

I haven't given up on the idea, but it might be a couple years for me to find a good deal on the turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drainoil View Post
Have you considered covering your area with landscape rock?
Heck, my dream is to concrete the yard.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look and feel of a nicely kept lawn and shrubs, but in a smallish suburban plot, I just don't see the point when I'm not outside in the yard anyhow.

Just the other day I realized the only time I'm in my yard is when I'm mowing. I don't even mind mowing either, I just don't have time to do it regularly enough to keep up with the Joneses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakbadger View Post
You will also notice a tremendous increase in spider habitation, and if you're anywhere that scorpions/rattlesnakes can live, you'll find a lot of them too.

EDIT: Minnesota. Never mind!
Portland area, so nevermind to me too. Rock wouldn't keep up the image well enough in my neighborhood, where people either keep on on yard work, or hire a professional. There are some perfect lawns within a block of my house too.

I would like the look of a well kept lawn with minimal time and money spent.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!