Thread: Bourke Engine
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

For the record this engine is a single stroke not 2 stroke design. There is much misunderstanding surrounding this engine when it comes to its components and use. The reason for this is there are very few people who semi understand how it works and not at the level of Mr. Bourke himself. This engine only has 2 moving parts and quite honestly is a work of genius. There were only 14 of these engines ever built back in the day.

Before we are critical and quick to pass judgements for or against such a device I believe we should first do our best to fully understand its workings. We are often to quick to dismiss things we do not fully understand. All the people that for whatever reason pass judgement on this engine and I am going to go on record here and say they most likely have never seen one run in person or been able to fully research it. Again very few of these engines were ever built and little is known about them since there is also little documentation of them to be had. So in other words its uncharted waters and even if you were to get your hands on one of these engines good luck trying to figure out how to tune it again no info or help on how to do it so you will be experimenting until your hair falls out most likely :-)

Mr. Bourke had a dream of building a simple efficient and non polluting engine. Did he achieve it?

It is my opinion that he did however there is much that still needs to be tested and improved for the basic engine to be viable in a car, boat, or plane.

Who would be willing to devote there time, money, and energy to such a cause without no promise of reward in return other than maybe there own satisfaction of getting the engine to run in a simulated environment and there own hand pat on the back?

I bet few to none unfortunately..
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenHornet For This Useful Post:
Teemo (11-09-2013)