Thread: Bourke Engine
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

How would you like an engine that you never will need to do an oil change ever! Or an engine that you don't need a cherry picker to pull out of your car? Or how about an engine you can put your face over the exhaust and not get burned or die from carbon monoxide poisoning LOL :-)

The Bourke engine gives you all of this in fact his 30 cubic inch model was 38lbs and put out 35hp at under 5000 rpm at 8000 rpm it would do 75hp. The horsepower of these engines are only limited by the number of cylinders and rpms the engine can put out. It was reported that the engine saw in excess of 20,000rpm. So ya the amount of horsepower that it could do puts to shame any engine we have today pound for pound. Did I mention it weighed 38lbs Oh and yes when it was emission tested it did not even register carbon monoxide

Oh and here is a video of a guy putting his head in the engine exhaust try that with any engine we have in our cars today and see what happens

Video Link =

Folks what you are looking at is quite honestly the most efficient engine design ever produced and the least understood! The Tesla Turbine is much more understood than this engine believe it or not. Many will discount this engine because they just simply can not comprehend how it works for starts or how to make it better!

The best part about this engine is that all of its patents expired and yes the hobbyist can in fact build a replica and test it out! The man in the video that I provided did just that so it is very possible but it will take time a lot of time and complete precision to pull it off. Many have tried and failed from my understanding.

GH..