View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
JETZcorp
EcoModding Lurker

The Dakota - '99 Dodge Dakota R/T
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

The Honda - '88 Honda CRX DX
90 day: 47.43 mpg (US)
Update:

I took my dad on a road trip to Mt St Helens today (awesome area.) He was originally opposed to the Honda because he was concerned about reliability compared to the world's mildest V8 I already had. At first this seemed like a wise stance, what with the yearlong furlough of the car. But, 278.9mi later, he's considering buying an EF Civic. He loved the two-strokish sound of my unmuffled (yeah I know) D15, and as he watched the fuel gauge, he got very impressed. At the end of our run, we refilled for the trip mileage.

Now, the region we were in was not the high prairie. It's extremely mountainous and with two fat blokes onboard, the car was foot-to-the-floor a lot. But the motor was also turned off a lot. Couple this to the fact that I've got a 180,000mi top end on a 240,000mi bottom end, and he was not expecting mid-40s. Sure enough, the car did NOT get mid-40s. The little monster burned only 5.378 gallons, for a trip total of 51.86mpg!!

Again, I ask the universe, if a tired stock DX does this, what kind of crazy is a freshened HF like? Incredible.
The Following User Says Thank You to JETZcorp For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (07-22-2013)