View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
RCPlayland
EcoModding Lurker

RCPlayland here.

Hello,

I have been facinated by the high MPG trucks from the 1980's. I have done some research only to find myself drowned in data.

I am joining this forum due to a google search that brought up a topic from Diesel Dave and his record setting 50mpg 3/4ton truck. WOW!

So with that said, I feel even more like a novice on this topic. So I will be doing a ton of reading and asking for help here or there to figure this all out.

What I would like to have is a 50+mpg S-10 or Ranger size truck.

I know that diesels would be the best bet. Yet the ones I have found are older and hard to find parts for.

Yet I have seen some youtube videos of newer style s-10's/rangers being swapped with diesel engines and getting sometimes up in the 60mpg range. Holy moses!

So my goal is building or buying a 50+mpg diesel truck newer style. Might possibly go with an older one, but again... parts availability.

One last thing that I couldn't find that much data on... does cummings make a diesel engine currently that fits in the newer style trucks? Or can I buy one of the overseas motors and stuff it in a newer truck?