View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
But with a product, like a tomato plant, that has little initial value you can get many beneficial items, tons of tomatoes. Something about give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach a man to fish and feed him for his life. Is is not in the spirit of ecomodder to maximize the economics of your personal fuel situation? Maybe I am not communicating the thrift concept right. I am, by no means, rich. I plant a garden every year, I have kids and go to a infant/toddler thrift shop in town instead of babiesRus. I just bought a used sedan to replace the Ranger instead of a brand new one. Personal wealth is based of the initial hand in life that you are given and, in time, what you did with that hand to leverage yourself into a better situation.

Saying that someone who has more should support those who have less is unfair and marxist. The American dream is about having a goal and working hard to obtain that goal. No where in the American dream does the government descend from heaven and lift you up out of your squalor to initiate that goal. Why should you give someone who has wasted what they had, something that someone else has worked hard for? I am not saying all that benefit from government programs waste it, but these programs makes our money worth less every cent that is just given away. We need a society of many people that work hard to contribute, not hold their hands out and beg.

Where does the idea that something from nothing is good for people? From people who do not want to contribute, but want what the contributors have. I'm thinking about the fable of the ant and the grasshopper. But our political system rewards the politicians that successfully get their constituents "free" money. Not for the good of our society, but to perpetuate one man/groups personal power. And by enslaving people to the need to get slightly ahead of their fellows. Our political system has been performing a steady downward spiral.

And saying that products would cost 25% more because we now tax goods and services is simple to say the least. With a consistent taxation plan, business can spend more time conducting business than plotting their tax strategy. Plus many states already have a sales tax.

on another note I believe in an inclusive sales tax, so that a $1 stick of gum costs the consumer $1 and the percentage of that dollar goes to the federal government. Prices would likely spike initially, but then this wonderful free market of many businesses, back stabbing each other, will begin to cut prices to compete with rivals. My belief is that human greed is the best motivator in business. And they will whittle each other down. Does anybody remember what the price of a Kindle was the day the iPad was released? They where both about $500. And what was the price of the same Kindle 6 months later? a little under $200. Why? did the government tell amazon to lower the price? no How about no person with a eye on value would buy such a lesser product for the same price? I had a friend that really liked his kindle he bought his second one a few months before the iPad came out, Amazon made quite a tidy profit off of him.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall
The Following User Says Thank You to MPGranger For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (07-22-2013)