View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrazyLee
EcoModding Lurker

The Beast - '93 Fleetwood Flair includes kitchen sink
90 day: 9.2 mpg (US)

The Bigger Beast - '03 Winnebago Sightseer Motor Home
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty Modder View Post
It seems everyone has a beast, lol. My 92 suburban best tank no mods was 16 mpg. I regularly got 15+ mpg's didn't drive it alot because of the terrible mpg's. Hardly filled it up because it took $12-$160 to fill it. My Celica doubled my mpg's. Just something to consider pick up a $500 beater and save the Ex for when you have to haul the family. Smart driving, aka no exesive accelerating50+ psi in the tires planning your trips for shopping ect... can get you 16+ mpg I am sure.
350 v8, tbi f I, 4x4, pt trans case.
Those little cars do help us a lot on fuel!

My 2000 Venture van, bone stock, usually gets 28 mpg. Earlier in July I purchased a DashDyno SPD from Amazon and got the used one they offered. The purchased was justified on the next weekend as my wife and I drove to Detroit for a Tigers ballgame. (3 hours drive one way!) My usual 28 mpg jumped up to an actual 38 mpg on the next fill up!

The trick is to put the fuel meter to use and refine your driving style to enhance the fuel mileage. It took me about a year to get up to 15 mpg on my motor home, up from 10.5 mpg. That's a sweet 50% improvement. I used what I learned on the RV to get the 38 mpg.

Cheers, CrazyLee
CrazyComputers - Information about your Computer