View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #280 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan
I'm saying the situation will determine which one ... the pusher ... or the generator ... is able to net better efficiency levels.
no, the design of the pusher/generator in combination with the situation in combination with the ability of the system to let the driver react to changes in the situation will determine how efficient the system is. And an EV with a big battery and motor is part of both systems.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you even realize ... that this is about ~99% the same as what I have been advocating this whole time ... as the very quote of mine that you referenced to post this in disagreement about .... and you have been disagreeing with this whole time ???? ... do you even see the irony in that????

Different designs ... are different situations.
Different Components ... are different situations.
Different driving styles ... are different situations.
Different weather ... are different situations.
Different traffic ... are different situations.
Different BEV SoC ... are different situations.
etc ... etc.... these are all just parts of what define a specific given situation ... change any one of them ... and you have a different situation.

The last 1% difference ... has been ... Some of those situations favor the pusher ... some favor the generator.

Quote:
I don't know that there is a situation where your assertion is true.
I don't know why you don't ... I already showed it to you ... several times now ... see red line on BSFC.

Situations where the pusher would run in those areas outside the red ... as much as you've been fighting against admitting their existence... they do still exist.

Quote:
your solution is smoke and mirrors, you don't have a reference design to base your position off of or relayed what situations it is optimized for.
Incorrect.

I've listed more references than you ... about the design at hand , which yields the red and blue lines ... than you did ... and the red and blue lines tell you which situations.... read the BSFC.

Quote:
And if it doesn't the driver will do something different, period. The driver is in a sitiation, but also has influence on that situation.
See your own comment above ... different driver styles and choices ... are ... ready for this ... different situations ... which give different results ... again = to my consistent claim.

I can pick any kind of driver or driving style I like ... to show a different situation ... because they would be different situations... which is my claim.

Quote:
Lets say we drop to the peak generator bsfc line, in this imaginary system, the average load on the generator is going to be about the same, and it is going to drop down as well
Re-Read previous posts ... I already addressed situations like this ... several times already.

Quote:
If output exceeds demand then you take another hit in charging/discharging the battery.
re-read previous posts ... I already addressed joules cycled through the battery ... several times already.

Quote:
No, that is one factor. We can nail down the situations and the designs better if you like, but you have to own your hypothetical generator design and let it stand up to scrutiny. It is obvious to me that the pusher should not be operated inefficiently, kinda like "doc, it hurts when I go like this. Well don't go like that!"
If you assume the pusher will not be operating inefficiently ... than you are defining the situation ... And this situation you describe ... I have already written about that situation ... several times already.

Unless your pusher design makes it impossible for it to ever be used inefficiently ... by any driver input, under any driving conditions ... than your assumed situation you state here ... is only one possible situation among many other possible situations ... which only get back to my position as previously stated.

And ready for it ... if that is the design of your 'foolproof' pusher ... then that would be a different situation ... from a pusher that is not designed to make it impossible to ever operate it inefficiently... see it ... they are different situations , that given different results.

Quote:
And you can keep the load within a few points of peak bsfc with parallel at greater efficiency, across a wide rpm range.
Yes ... Already discussed ... see the area inside the red line I drew for you previously to show where that is on your chosen ICE.

Last edited by IamIan; 07-22-2013 at 09:22 PM..