View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Vansquish
EcoModding Lurker

Vansquish - '06 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring
90 day: 32.63 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I don't know what you game is, but again, you simply are not reading at all, or are reading poorly. The tire size you list is not my tire size. My front tires are the stock 185/65-14s. So your point is moot. It's not semantics to point out that you're wrong on the basic facts.

Jedi-sol here offers you some good advice:

If you don't mind, "Vansquish," maybe you could take your critiques of lowered suspension onto a thread for a car that actually is lowered? I'd like to have my build thread back.
First, I apologize from diverting from your build thread, it's interesting stuff, and some of it is applicable to what I'm hoping to do over the long haul (political-sign undertray, and a taller gear set from the European Diesel model of my car, etc.). I'm happy to let you go back to it.

Second, I know that the basics of hypermiling require a few things: smaller frontal area, less airflow under the car, narrower tires, harder tires (e.g. more overinflated tires), and less contact patch. So of course this is going to be prevalent on here.

Third, and most importantly, the only reason I had a bug up my bum on this was because I couldn't square this:

...with your claims that you hadn't modified the suspension, and that everything was OEM up front (at least height-wise). FYI, I did see the 185/65/14s, but couldn't understand how "your" car looked so low if nothing had been changed.

The problem was simple, IT WASN'T YOUR CAR! I feel like a dumbass, and I apologize for cluttering up your thread. Back to it, I'm interested to see how things go in the long haul.