View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
Well I am in the Army, and I can tell you that a lot of the defense spending is similar to welfare. Every morning I go out to do PT and I see land whales in uniform walking for exercise. We have not declared war since WW2, according to the constitution our standing army should be only 100,000 strong. It would also be more efficient to combine the 4 branches of the military into a single branch. There are many jobs that have overlap in the other services. I also know of people who hammed up their injuries and are getting ridiculous VA benefits for the rest of their lives because they have ridden the Military welfare system. And there also should be zero civilians in the Army. Short point there are cuts that can be made in defense, but the $200m jets are not it. Having been on the ground, I can tell you what a warm blanket of awesome they provide for troops. But Providing for the common defense is part of the preamble to the constitution

Where in the constitution does it say that education should be provided? It doesn't. BAM! I just Ron Pauled 2% of the federal budget. Don't say that our system is based off of one by Thomas Jefferson, because he strongly believed that a County government would screw it up. The Public vs. Private schooling debate goes all the way back to Sparta and Athens. Sparta had public schools, they also didn't have any scholars, no books, no philosophies, no science, just cannon fodder for war. Athens on the other hand had no standardized schooling system, but somehow was a haven for culture.

But we need to ween ourselves, as a country off of the medical programs. Notice I didn't say immediately cut. People are dependent on the system and that is wrong. People say safety net, I saw it's a voter trap. Why won't we ever actually reform social security? Too many senior citizens vote in mass based off of this issue, so no career politician will reduce their benefits during an election cycle. And election cycles have started earlier and earlier.

I am a Libertarian, so I see any abuse of Public Funds as a bad situation. I also see the government has gotten it's sticky fingers into too many places.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MPGranger For This Useful Post:
mikeyjd (07-24-2013), redpoint5 (07-24-2013), user removed (07-24-2013)