View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #70 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
But anyway you decided that a typical unoptimized drivetrain had %28 losses, well that isn't what we are going to measure up against is it? Meanwhile you ignored drivetrain losses on the EV, and the effect that unloading has on the generator/engine as well as the ICE.
Incorrect.
That is not what I did... and I've explained this to you several times.

I did not ignore them ... I have included them , which is what gave the red and blue lines ... as I've explained to you several times.

Quote:
But even using this arbitrarily small gap, it should be obvious that a smart driver and/or smart controller can push the car all the way from idle RPM to near redline without ever dropping into the blue area.
And ... IF ... that is the situation ... I have already several times claimed the same thing will happen.

But ... it is not and absolute... there are areas outside the red line on the BSFC ... and there are situations where it would dominantly operate there.

Quote:
But as speed levels off both the generator and the ice BOTH see less load (unless you charge batteries which is a big unknown and both vehicles can do it anyway so that is a moot point).
This error has already been explained to you before several times... the battery charging is not the same for both the pusher and the generator.

And electrochemistry is a well established science ... what will happen when the batteries are involved ... can be determined to a very high level of precision ... when one knows the situation.

Quote:
So while the ICE is moving down the map, the series is too,
This error has been explained to you several times.

Quote:
So, I still don't see it.
Only because you have intentionally and willfully chosen not to.

The evidence and logic have been explained and presented to you several times.

You must be one of those against the evidence , "beleiver's " you wrote about.