View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Various Eco-Rides for Sale

Summer time is stupidly busy for me, and it makes me realize that I will never, ever, get around to fixing up all my little projects! But hey, at least I saved them from the crusher or from getting riced out ha ha. So if you have a home for one of these, let me know. And I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I know enough about the costs involved with shipping/transporting cars to say that none of these are worth looking at unless you are an hour or two drive away from Vancouver BC. How's that for a sales pitch, eh? ha ha.

1990 Civic CX - the one listed as one of my inventory in the garage as "Spunky". Great little car, no stereo, 292k kms (181k miles) little rust, original paint, noisy input shaft bearing but who cares? I'd drive this car to New York tomorrow and wouldn't think twice, I just parked it when I put the Tracker back on the road. Needs the wheels rebalanced as one is out of wack and when you hit 60 mph it shakes a bit. $800.

1991 Tercel DX - Also in the garage as "Salty". 226k KMs (140k miles), needs the front rotors machined, needs valve guide seals like very other Tercel out there, and leaks oil out of the crank seal. Clean body, original paint, decent interior. I love my old Hondas, but having driven this car, I can say that if you have a lot of highway commuting to do, these Tercels have a great gearing setup to allow you to get around at highway speeds safely without breaking a sweat! Plus the seats are super comfy! $500.

I have other stuff, but these are the best ones to start with if you need something cheap on gas to get rolling with the least amount of fuss. $1.44 a liter for 87 octane today, I actually managed to burn up $20 worth of fuel in one day of driving in my suburb/town on Thursday - in a Tracker! I didn't even go anywhere, that was just a lot of running around!