View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #821 (permalink)
rokrokrok
EcoModding Lurker

OBDuino32K initialization phase problem

Dear forum users,

I was quite excited about OBDuino project so I try to establish working system at home.

Description: Arduino Uno, MC33290 chip (from eBay), Arduino LCD shield with buttons (also from eBay), car with ODB2 connector (VW Passat 1.9 TDI, production year 1998 from Europe). All parts are connected in order with this scheme:
opengauge.org/~obduino/diagram/obduino.gif
But without any button connections and without DB9M connector (I directly used three wires and connected them to the ODB2 female connector on the car: ground, ISO K and power wires on pins described here: plxdevices.com/obd/ )

Unfortunately, I stuck at the initialization phase. I use OBDuino32K code (version 198) and I suspect that problem occurs in the void iso_ini(). I receive '0x55' value from car and then '0x08' values for kw1 and kw2. But after the command iso_write_byte(~b) car response is not as expected (b values is not '0xCC' but '0x55'). I am not sure how to check if car really receive '~b' value (if command iso_write_byte(~b) is successful) and why response from car is not '0xCC'. So this is the point where I stuck .

Hope you have some suggestions,
thanks and kind regards,
Rok