View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1969 View Post
For imposing you will upon others that way. If you are capable of going the speed limit and take pride in obstructing traffic you are just as bad as the 100 mph driver in congested traffic. And just as dangerous! When I am towing and traffic builds up behind me I pull off temporarily letting it go.
I see no joy in frustrating other drivers or forcing them to do things on the road that causes road rage.
No thanks Ill maintain speed and wave as the normal traffic goes bye every day.
No one here is driving 55mph out of spite.

What's most dangerous is that many drivers exceed their driving skill and do not give themselves enough time to react. Yes, this can be a problem for those of us who choose to drive at slower, legal speeds, but it is not caused by the slower speeds. It's caused by those who don't know their limits.

And yes, if you are driving below the speed limit and people can't pass you, as in a two lane road or heavy traffic, you should either pull off to let them by, or speed up to the de facto speed limit. Be aware of their driving conditions as they try to pass you.

Fast, inattentive drivers can be a problem. The solution: be courteous, defensive and predictable.

Last edited by Sven7; 07-30-2013 at 04:14 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
Pawtuckett (07-31-2013)