View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
cbaber
Master EcoModder

Lean and Mean - '98 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.69 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
^This. I always marvel at the morons that come blasting up behind then slam on the brakes and/or whip that steering wheel at the last possible moment to swerve into the passing lane. Hello? You've been behind me for how many miles now? For how many minutes? Did you not notice me getting bigger and bigger in front of you? Did I surprise you? Do you have a brain?
Yep, it happens to me all the time. Again, if you want to teach someone how to drive, watch the truckers. I have seen semi drivers merge to the left lane a couple hundred yards behind me, just to get into the passing line. They have calculated that their current speed and distance from me is not going to allow them to merge if they wait any longer (because of faster cars behind them). They hate slowing down and getting blocked in behind a slower car, so they plan the pass well before most other drivers even see me!

And still people don't understand what they are doing. I see people already in the left passing line actually merge back into the right lane because a semi moved over, only to be blocked in by me as they try to pass the semi on the right. I just sit back and chuckle as they have to wait for the entire line of cars to pass on the left before getting over again.

The Following User Says Thank You to cbaber For This Useful Post:
Mustang Dave (08-22-2013)