View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
spacemanspif
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
Aerohead: I have been looking for pictures of the vehicles you referenced and have come up with nothing. Do you have any that you could post?

I am thinking that I want to do a front air dam, side skirts, rear wheel skirts and a kamm on the rear window. The Civic hatch crew seem to have gotten decent results with a cam on the back and if it can eliminate the dead space in the middle of my window it should help some.

My biggest hurdle right now is finding free coroplast but a friend might have some laying around so I might have supplies shortly. I'm hoping that double stick emblem tape will be sufficient to mount a kamm to the back window...

If anyone has ideas on how to mount things or better ways of doing things, I'm all ears. Currently saving my pennies to possibly buy an MPGuino...

Currently all I have done is taken off the rear spoiler and slowed down to ~62. Once I fill up at the end of the week I'll know how much better I'm doing after the mod/new technique. Car was getting consistent 38, I'm hoping for 40 with the reduced RPM.

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"