View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
davelobi
EcoModding Apprentice

CRX - '91 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 63.1 mpg (US)

the ugly one - '97 saturn SL just sl,not sl1 or 2
Team Saturn
90 day: 44.15 mpg (US)

Vibe - '07 Pontiac Vibe
Team Pontiac
90 day: 44.24 mpg (US)

Hoopdie - '05 Toyota Corolla CE
90 day: 42.58 mpg (US)
rookie gets 67.26 mpg in CRX

I'm kind of new to Ecomodders but have been playing with fuel economy for some time. I was doing eoc and p&g before I knew what they were called.
I once broke 51 in a Saturn SL going across rural upper penninsula in Michigan. All 55 mph roads, nice and steady, kids whining for air conditioning.

My last tank on my CRX HF yeilded 67.26. Since then I have bumped tire pressure from 45 to 55 and replaced the smashed front fender. Hoping for a few more passenger-less miles on this tank but will be driving about 100 miles tonight with my 200+ pound brother and all freeway. That trip won't help me. Maybe time to get serious about amount of eoc. I don't do a lot but it is fun sliding along silently knowing you are getting free miles.

70mpg is current goal. Not doing anything crazy, just some pg and eoc. Only things I've done to the car was to add an air dam (garden edging), high pressure tires, and 0-20 synthetic in the gearbox when I replaced the clutch.

I hate looking at my windshield wipers sticking out like a sore thumb. I know it must be a tiny gain but I keep thinking about removing them. Ya think my passenger side door mirror is a bigger offender than the wipers?