View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
nathan01xl
EcoModding Apprentice

The Long Ranger - '01 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

EcoSI - '08 Honda Civic SI
90 day: 28.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_man View Post
Man am I envious ! My Lima doesn't get the great numbers your Duratech does but I am following your progress for new ideas. I would love to switch to the same front bumper you have. More plastic, less metal and covers the front wheels better. And a nice lip to add an air dam to. I don't think the bumper mounts are a direct swap for a '97 though.

Check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for a 3:45 rear end. It searches boat loads of JY's and other places for used parts. You can search by region too. The pre-1992 3:45's are 1" shorter on each side moving the rear tires in slightly and maybe allowing more room for rear wheel skirts. I am looking for the same thing.

Nice job all around!
unfortunately 97s cant just swap bumpers, you would have to do a whole front end conversion.
a good option would be to lower your truck with some drop springs in the front, or cutting a coil or two, and either flipping your rear hangers or doing an axle flip. pretty inexpensive to do and if you dont go any lower than 3 inches you dont 'need' new shocks. just install some low profile bumpstops and you are good to go. thats what i have done and it definitely helps with aero and it rides fine.