View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #202 (permalink)
seanof30306
EcoModding Lurker

I don't like the idea of them building their own engine. If they use an existing product, they (and the owners) benefit from years of sophisticated engineering development, and parts are as near as a dealership or parts store.

To the people complaining about difficulty of ingress/egress to the back seat, etc., they made it clear on the CNBC and Good Morning America interviews I saw that these were designed for single occupant use; which represents the great majority of driving. I've driven 8,000 miles or so in my Jeep Cherokee in the past year; I'd bet 7,900 of those miles were by myself, and the other 100 were lugging my dog Lily to the vet. This would be perfect for me.

I'm very interested in this, but their building their own engine concerns me. What I'd really like to see is a CNG version. You'd probably be looking at 120 mpg(e), and with a home-fill, a cost of about 1.00 per gallon (equivalent) (at least, here in Oklahoma).

As far as the name, I say "Asp". You could then have a sport package called the "Asp Kiquor"