View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #168 (permalink)
songman
In the slow lane

Civic Type R - '08 Honda Civic
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
I thought we had road rage problems in the UK. Going by this thread, US drivers are in a state of permanent meltdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Why would you want to drive 60 MPH in 65 PSL zone deliberately, so as to not allow others to pass you? Others have the legal right to drive 65 if they wish. Who do you think you are to impose your will upon others by preventing them from passing you?

That's the definition of being a one man, wannabe traffic cop, AKA a road hog.

I understand the law says what it says. I was giving my opinion about it, ie. it's batty.

If the speed limit is 65, and I'm doing 60, the suggestion that I should accommodate others because my speed is too slow is absurd to me. If they're that desperate about a driver who's doing just 5MPH under the maximum speed, how about they overtake? When did that go out of style?

If I have to actually break the speed limit to accommodate a bunch of nutters coming up behind me, which puts me in breach of the law in itself, in which case I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't, then I give up. I would suggest some US drivers take anger management classes.

The Following User Says Thank You to songman For This Useful Post:
cbaber (08-09-2013)