View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
Thanks!

No kill switch yet because im still researching how to go about it (trying to lookup wiring schematics). Like youre car, i also bought an extended warranty so i want something that is easily reversible if i have to take it in for service.

This is my first new OBDII car, how did you go doing your kill switch? ( i read through your killswitch thread...but i didnt see how you installed your kill switch and what wires/fuses you tapped into).
As soon as I got it working, I was pretty much done with the thread...that's pretty lame on my part, I will put that on my to do list to put the final details in.

I went by trial and error on a few, what actually worked for me was my fuel pump fuse. I took those little clips that get attached to wires, it's like a Y shape (electrical illiterate), broke off one piece, and plugged it in. Ran the wire from the fuse box inside, then through some PVC piping, then the switch, and back though to the other end.

With the warranty, I am not messing with any tunes- everyone who drives like a maniac (teen mpg in the same car ), easily see 2+ mpg while seeing the performance boost and abusing it. Like my other mods, the kill switch can easily be removed. I even keep the original fuse in the glove box, with the box of fuses I bought, in case something goes wrong.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.