View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #182 (permalink)
songman
In the slow lane

Civic Type R - '08 Honda Civic
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Here is the OP's original statement that began the thread. Isn't it clear that we are talking about interstate highways? They are all highways with at least two lanes of travel - i.e. having a passing lane.

For crying out loud, get over yourself. We aren't limited to responding only to the first post of the thread, I was responding to this one, as already stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestclimb View Post
In AK there is a law that if you are driving below the PSL and 5 or more cars are following, you are required to use a pull out to let them pass. So your options are to pull out and let traffic flow, or speed up to the PSL to make the law no longer applicable. It does not mean that I don't have a right to cruse at some speed lower than the PSL it means that I have to be aware of my presence in the traffic flow. If others seem oblivious it does not negate my responsibility.

This is not about pulling over to the right, it's about pulling off the carriageway. The number of lanes is irrelevant. You misunderstood both the poster above and myself in responding, who were both referring to pulling off the highway, and not just pulling right. Pulling (and driving) right is standard good behaviour - it doesn't need saying. Pulling off the highway is another thing entirely, and an absurd requirement - as I and I'm sure many others see it - when doing potentially barely under the maximum limit, and when the redneck racers behind can simply overtake if they're that desperate to indulge their redneck delinquencies, and when it might in itself put you in breach of the maximum limit! It's lunacy.

It's not hard to understand the difference. Get over yourself.