View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
panamacolin
EcoModding Lurker

1995 Civic VX 171,000 Miles A/C NEW O2 Sensor and Tune-up .... SAD TO SELL :(

Hello,

Well the day has come to sell my 1995 VX.

I bought the car from the original owner, I flew to DC from Florida to buy it. Drove it home and the rest is history.

I have just about every receipt since new for this car. I don't have the original window sticker.

The car is good condition for a 1995. I did have an accident a couple years ago where the hood and passenger quarter panel had to be replaced. The frame was not bent, low speed crash. At that time the entire car was repainted. The paint job was a decent quality paint job. No runs or anything like that just not a factory shiny paint job. The hood has some surface rust on it due to it being an aftermarket hood, I wish I would have purchased and OEM hood to replace it. The hood does have some surface rust because it is aftermarket. Front passenger corner of the front bumper is missing some paint. Check out the pictures not too bad.

I replaced the A/c a couple years back, everything, compressor, dryer, condensor, etc. The A/C works very well, blows cold even in the hot AUGUST Florida sun.

In November 2012 I replaced the 5 wire o2 sensor with a Denso 5 wire sensor from Rock Auto $175.00. This is not an ebay cheapo, this is the real deal for your vx.

Timing belt and water pump were change at 142,000. OEM HONDA water pump and Gates belt.

The car has Sumitomo low rolling reistance tires on the VX wheels. The wheels have no curb rash and are in excellent condition, though they could use a good cleaning in between the spokes.

An entire tuneup was done a couple months back, plugs, distributor button and cap, fuel filter, air filter. I did not replace the wires still looked good to me.

I had to replace the starter about 6 months ago, works perfectly.

The battery is about 1 yr old.

The front brakes were done around the time of the tuneup. The rear brakes need to be done pretty soon.

The clutch on the car is pretty low but it has been this way for a long time, I am used to it but I am sure within 8-10k it will need a clutch. Pretty inexpensive job on a small car like this. A clutch kit is around $150.00 for this car.

The car has a nice Sony MP3/USB/Aux Cd head unit.

I also put in some 95 GSR Seats, so much more comfortable than the stock seats. The driver side has a lumbar support. The rear seats are original and I have only had someone sit back there 2-3 times, minty clean.

I added an arm rest from a 94 Civic, really nice to have for storage and for support while driving.

The windows go up and down easily. The windows are tinted can be seen in the pictures.

Original floor mats are in the car, I have had them covered with rubber floor mats and you can tell.

The car is an excellent daily driver and gets 44+mpg with the a/c on. I have got as high as 51 with this car.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic 15,000 mile oil and the extended life filter. I change the oil every 6000-7500 miles.

The only reason I am selling this car is because my new job requires me to take clients around pretty often.

If you have any questions please feel to ask.

Heres some pictures.

Oh, the car has never been smoked in.