View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #40 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
Being in the military for several years, I have seen laziness and incompetence in extreme measures. If you ask for something at the wrong desk, you get a not my problem line and zero help from there. People never update their call rosters, so you routinely get the run around because of outdated information.

Several months ago my wife had to get a 3 hour gestational diabetes screening at the army hospital. The doctor called her on friday evening, so she called over to labs on monday. Confirmed she could do it, then called her doctor back. Day of the test which was her day off, she wakes up at 0500, gets our 19 month old ready and drops her off at daycare, drives onto post during peak hours (which I refer to as the death drive at 5), gets to the lab department and the female dog at the desk looks at the computer and says "can't help you." So my wife, in the 3rd trimester, calls me, very emotional and tells me that there was no supervisor on duty yet to complain to. So I call over to labs and by sheer aggression, I get dumped on the supervisor's line in less than 30 seconds. I am very glad that I did not go to her appointment that day, it wouldn't have been pretty.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall