View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
liquidzorch
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
If you can't get it to start normally, how hot is the engine?
If any part of the fuel system is too hot to touch, try to cool that gently, see if that helps.

Other than that, check the radiator for leaks and check the air filter. I have read about an air filter that was dripping oil from the oil pan venting; apparently the piston rings were leaking.
The excess air and exhaust gas that seeps by the pistons into the carter, now containing an oil mist, gets blown into the air intake trajectory. Too much of that can make the mixture overly rich, causing bad starting esp. when hot. Your air filter would be quite oily then.
Just guessing of course.
Ok. There are no leaks in radiator, it has been months without having to add coolant. The air filter is almost new, no oil spots on it. There is no oil in intake, I removed the air filter to intake hose to let pure air in and it still took longer to start.

This only happens when car has been sitting more than 15minutes. If I start it when it is still HOT (off then on in less than a minute), it will ignite right away.

So what happens when you let the car cool down 15 minutes - 2 hours? What ever happens in that period is what makes it harder to start.

I know that the fuel pump primes, and fuel is being pumped with good pressure.