View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Jedi Sol said:

a lot of things tuners do to make their car faster can also apply to ecomodding (ie aero parts)

I absolutely agree, however convincing many of them is near impossible. To me, ecomodding is sport-driving in itself. Anyone can drive 90+ mph, however very few can maintain even 30+ mpg. Add in the cost of traffic tickets, insurance, and higher possibility of a traffic accident, and I'll take ecomodding over performance any day.

By the way, your grill block and foglight fills look GREAT!

I couldn't agree more. 600 horsepower is useless on a 35 mph road, if you value human life or money- heck, much over 200 is overkill depending on vehicle size & characteristics. But a few horses feels more like a stampede with better aero, less weight, and skinnier tires

I think the fog light fills look great, but the front end (grille block) looks like my first one did...rough...lol. I think it's the multiple pieces, and uneven lines. I don't mean it like you did a bad job, I know my first one was rough, a couple others I goofed up, and I used a lot of coroplast to get it just right (good enough to me, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. No where near the craftsmanship seen by others on here).

Constructive criticism, no hate.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to UltArc For This Useful Post:
jedi_sol (08-12-2013)