View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Daekar
Busy Homeowner

<----- feels that he may have added evidence for the "ignorant American" stereotype.

I guess it is a good sign that I didn't get his joke, although sad that if he had substituted a luxury SUV that will never see dirt I would have been on board with the humor. It is odd, now that I think of it... I have literally never seen a European post about their work vehicles. Surely a few of them here or there have trucks, but I have seen absolutely zero evidence of this in my limited experience. Educate a man whose travels are limited to this side of the Atlantic: are work vehicles generally owned by companies? Is there no remaining tradition of small-scale agriculture or rural land ownership that would necessitate the private possession of true utility vehicles similar in function to our pickups in this country? Admittedly, the proportion of rural to urban population must be even greater in Europe than the US, but still.

I agree about the irrational choice of vehicles. I'm not sure who gave so many women the idea that a vehicle is a thing to be chosen with emotion as the primary criterion, but it does seem to be true in many cases. Drives me nuts, because if it weren't so, we logical shoppers would have a better selection.