View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekar View Post
Basically, you've got to be smart, you've got to have common sense, you've got to enjoy learning and sharing, and you've got to be able to do and comprehend things that I don't. Once you leap those hurdles, then we'll get into appearances.
Perhaps this is true of you, but just the opposite for most others. If you are a stranger to online dating, then you might not realize that the first thing both men and women do when browsing profiles is to look at the pictures. If they like what they see, then they are interested in reading more about the person and getting to know them.

The thing is, physical attraction can be quickly assessed. If there is none, then there is no point in investing further in pursuit of romance and a relationship. In the context of romantic relationships, aesthetic qualities are the first and primary motivator for both sexes. I'd even argue that most men don't move much further than aesthetics when considering a long term relationship, with women giving more consideration to other qualities.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!