View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awd180 View Post
Don't. But a subaru can be pop started and yes it has to be towed on a flat bed. I have bump started threw the ignition in neutral. Some other heads up, the tmic stays cooler while moving engine on, which you want, if you believe in the wai take your Hot side heat sheild off (you'll get misfires from the fuel auto igniting). My intake manifold is cool to touch after a nice drive. Also, the amount of heat from the hot side w/o sheild will cause electrical components to fail from prolong heat. There's more, but a lot comes from doing research and $$$$$.
The question to ask isn't if it should be towed flat bed or two wheels on the ground- that doesn't matter for this. What matters is if the car can be towed four wheels on the ground.

Unless Subaru is doing something new or strange, then I don't think it should be an issue. Either spool the engine up, and then engage transmission, or like I do sometimes (not the best method) put it back in gear rev matching. If I am in 6th, and above 26 mph, I just engage 6th. I don't know if it hurts any, but since I owned it, the synchros grind, and nothing NEW had occurred since I started doing that.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.