View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,607 Times in 7,088 Posts
All y'all are welcome. There will be more, but they get reduced and moved here and there; and my camera [batteries, probably] died on the 2nd morning.

In the night shots at the Nugget, there's a fiberglass Tucker with a faux patina/commercial paint job. I shook the hand of Alex Tremulis' grandson.

Need moar sleep.

Edit: Told ya I needed more sleep—it was Tucker's grandson. He's the guy in the brown shirt. They were going to use the 'Tucker' as a push car for some Gyronaut replica (no gyroscpe) Triumph-powered sit-in motorcycle, but it didn't pan out. Obviously the car was on the Salt.

Here's my competition for World's Fastest Motorhome

Gutted interior, full rollcage, 502 Olds, stock trans and beefed-up driveshafts. Their website is here, but hasn't been updated since the 4th.

I saw this view of this car earlier in the day and wondered what it was. Now that I've seen the front I still wonder—it had canted '59 Chevy quad headlights. Maybe a Volvo.

Cadillac taillights for that extra touch of class.

What do we have here?

Drilled and dimpled frame, license plate bracket and luggage rack; aluminum cab back wall, dash and door panels; safety wired spring clamps; a differential breather; a K&N rechargable filter on the differential breather; a drilled and dimpled bracket to hold the breather. Whew.

So, who else was there? Where's your pix?

Last edited by freebeard; 08-14-2013 at 04:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-14-2013)