View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Neat! That looks pretty well thought out with the generous awnings over the window and entrance.

Did you get a picture of the frame without the canvas? Or does it not work that way?
It is all one piece and stays together. I really bought it for the top of our Excursion and will post a few pics of it mounted on it as soon as I get it off of the Beetle. Here is another pic of it all closed up and ready for transport. I too have thought of the newly added frontal area and how to combat that. I have been thinking of making a new mount for it to get it down out of the main airstream. I had drawn out a new mounting system using a bike rack, thus mounting it rearward of the roof racks and over the rear window keeping it inline with the airstream. I really like it up off of the ground and using the ladder is still enjoyable. here is the company's website www.Cascadiavehicletents.com. They are in Bend Oregon and have many different models to choose from! The one I purchased is the Mt Rainier model, it will sleep 4 up there and has a load rating of 750lbs! They do make one larger but i didn't need that one and they do make three smaller ones. They even have one mounted on top of a Polaris Razor...way cool!

Last edited by HHOTDI; 09-18-2013 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: rented fingers
The Following User Says Thank You to HHOTDI For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-25-2017)