View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
DOFZO
EcoModding Lurker

SLOMOTO - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 56.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Isn't using Carfax just paying for the brand name?

I e-mailed immediately last night and sent a text two hours ago, without response.

Seriously, my Spider Sense is tingling, and I don't even have one!

Honestly, something is wrong. I plan on bringing a roommate to look at it, if I ever hear back.
I've looked a 7 Vxs recently. Three had a "totaled" insurance claims, two happened 3 years from new, so it had to have been bad. One Vx owner listed his as having 120K miles and said he had owned it a "long" time. His Carfax showed 216K and three owners within the last year.

Two sellers stopped communicating with me once I asked for a VIN.

I wouldn't show up with $2,000 cash to meet someone I don't know without having verified something they were saying. For $35 or 5 for $50, why wouldn't you. I don't like having to pay for a Carfax, especially when I don't buy the car, but at the very least I still have my money in my account and no headache. At best, I haven't been scammed!

What's your time, money and safety worth to you? They're either honest and a Carfax was a waste of $35, which most of us spend more on coffee each week, or they're deceiving you and it cost 1% of what you were willing to spend to find out.

There's also Autocheck, if you don't like Carfax. I personally like Carfax.

There's a white Vx on eBay right now. The Carfax I ran on it had more info than the seller supplied Autocheck. Side note; I did not bid on the eBay Vx. I don't trust the seller because of the Carfax and his response to my questions.

Each reporting agency has good/bad aspects. Both will protect you and your investment!

ZO.

Last edited by DOFZO; 08-15-2013 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: my typed engrish ain't good