View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,609 Times in 7,090 Posts
kach22i -- Wanna talk diffusers?

I see distinct differences

This is just dual baby buggy bumpers in 1/4" plate with some opportunistic improvisation. I asked the guy if there was wind tunnel time behind that and he said yes. Sh'yeah, right.

Interesting. He's dragging around a box that has an inlet at the front 1/4 the size of the exit. Love to see the A-B-A testing on that one.

"Three fences and we're done. Now we have more time for the engraved metal plaque on the decklid and tailfins on the aircleaner"

This one has my interest. It's getting close to a box cavity with no lower bound. And it suggests to me that the outer half of wheel spats are redundant. Flip the wheelwell turbulence outward and let it dissipate into the overall air flow.

I put a tape measure on my car, not counting the tow hook and front anti-roll bar brackets I have 3 1/2" or more ground clearance. I measure
+2" to the rear shocks
+2 1/2" to the engine case
+3 1/2" to the muffler
+5 1/2" to the bottom of the bumper

I have a trailer hitch that reaches from the rear bumper to the torsion bar housing. I want to get it pickled and hammered flat by a machine shop, then it will make a great foundation for an engine skid-plate/rear bellypan.

I want to hang a five-fence diffuser from it, with the outer fences reaching forward to between the rear wheels. Fairly aggressive, I think maybe 2-3" longer than the bumper and 4" deep.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (09-29-2013)