View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
joemetro
EcoModding Lurker

didn't even think about giving my location, duh. i'm in parma, ohio. i'll have to modify that, thanks.

i wasn't able to weigh the vehicle after but i think i had about 250 pounds off. i would drive it without the passenger seat most of the time, no seatbelts-just a 4 point harness, a motorcycle battery might have worked but i didn't try that. i sold the car about a month ago. the big drawback after removing the dash and heater was that last year it was a pain to drive in the winter, the kid that bought it rigged up a oil cooler (?) and ran the radiator heat through it (it comes with a small fan to disperse the heat inside the car), if i would have thought about that i would have done another winter with it. i even took out my door locks and hatch latch and used a bungee for the hood. i went as far as to take out those supports that hold open your door and everything under the hood that wasn't needed. also i ddin't have a muffler for quite a while which saved about 7 pounds. i would average 45 mpg bcause i drive to fast and it would do 70-75 easily (3 cylinder). next project will be a chevy sprint or an awd toyota.