Thread: Hey guys!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
skyrine
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakbadger View Post
Welcome to the forums! Just by driving 55, maximizing my coast-down distances and decelerating in-gear as long as possible before using the brakes (as well as using an Ultragauge), I'm staying in the mid-to-high 40MPG range.

The biggest secret? My car's made for efficiency and it's got a manual transmission.

Sure, plenty of people on here pull down pretty good numbers in performance vehicles, but the largest gain you will see is getting a more efficient car as a runabout.

Is a cheap commuter car a possibility for you? Some users buy cars for under $1k and break into the 40's and 50's pretty regularly.

Either way welcome! Start a fuel log and become one of us.
One of us...
One of us......
Yeah I suppose my car wasnt made for efficiency. I used to drive an Evolution X (mitsubishi evo) and I got 18 around town and about 25 on the highway. I saw a user on this site who said they averaged 29mpg over a 30 day period with the same car I had. I guess Im doing something wrong. Also yeah a cheap commuter car is a possibility for me. Was thinking about picking up a completely stock early 90s nissan 240sx. They come with a naturally aspirated 2.4 inline 4. They get 30s in the city from what Ive heard. I think Im going to try and get the best mpg possible with that car. I want to start a fuel log on my current car just to really see where it is at. Any idea how I would go about starting a fuel log?