View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skroober
EcoModding Lurker

99CivicEX - '99 Honda Civic EX
Route in SE Wisconsin (Menomoneee Falls)

I have a couple different options to get to work. I will be traveling from just north of Slinger on HWY 41, merge with HWY 45, and from there I have a few options.

Route 1 - I can also take 45 all the way down to Silver Spring. Which would be 22 miles on the freeway. Though for the last 5 miles or so it gets to be stop and go traffic just about everyday. Then on to Silver Spring, from the east, for 3.3 miles. There are 3 or so stop lights and Silver Spring can be a hassle. Total mileage 26.1 miles

Route 2 - I can take Pilgrim Road after about 13 miles on the freeway.which has about 5 stoplights but isn't too bad as far as being stopped forever. Plus there is a back road so I can avoid Silver Spring and less stressful. total mileage 23.3 miles

Route 3 - 13 miles on the freeway. Then take Lannon Road down to Silver Spring, from the west. Speed limit is 30-35mph with hills stop signs and a few stop lights. Total mileage is 22.8 miles

My personal favorite is Route 2 and I think that would be the best mpg.

I know there are a few members here from the area, if you have any input I would be appreciated.

Route 1

Route 2

Route 3