View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jack-MTL
EcoModding Lurker

SilverVan - '13 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT+
Team Dodge
90 day: 17.6 mpg (US)
Smile Hi everyone from Montreal

Hi everyone!

I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to track my mpg as a way of encouraging myself. I was already tracking my fuel for 3 years now and I bought a ScanGauge 5 years ago, mostly to clear DTCs in my old van but also to get better mileage.

I had a 2004 Grand Caravan, bought used. It was used to carry sound and lighting equipment and the head gasket died at 218k. Then I had a 2010 Grand Caravan, bought new, driven for about 50k then swappedfor my current 2013 Grand Caravan.

It gets a lot better mileage than the previous two, and I'm always trying to save fuel. I hope being here will help me change my driving habits and give me a few tricks to save gas.

Here in Montreal, gas is over 5$/gal (1.45$/L) so any improvement is rapidly paying off. I got my scangauge, i'm trying to install a tablet with the Torque app (waiting on usb ELM as the bluetooth one i have doesnt work with my tablet) and I'm thinking about belly pan and air dam, as long as it doesn't permanently modify the van for warranty purposes.

So hello everyone and I'll see you in the forums