View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #118 (permalink)
qx4dude
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
I combed for weeks last year looking for resources for a seminar we held then.

None of the modern published papers actually show that. All of them show that less pressure is more dangerous.
I believe extremes are usually dangerous. It's like going to the doctor, and getting a prescription for blood pressure pills. The bottle says take one tablet twice daily - USE AS DIRECTED.

Doctors and pharmacists went to school for at 8 years (and longer) to be able to practice, and dispense medicine. Most high blood pressure patients will heed the warning label. Others will do their own "experimenting" with the dosage. That's what's happening here with with this under and over inflation debate. Why people don't just stay within established parameters is beyond me. If the tire manufacturer states a "maximum" and the auto maker has a "recommended minimum" PSI - just pick something in between to suit your taste.

There are warning labels on almost everything we use. I generally believe they are put there for our own safety - and to protect the manufacturer from people that don't take them seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to qx4dude For This Useful Post:
gone7 (08-23-2013)