View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forums123 View Post
I kinda text searched your thread and saw no mention of a "Grille block"... It seems to me that many people have seen mpg economy improvememtns from simply adding a grille block. Give it a shot and let us know what mpg gains you see.

Thanks
I'm not about to put a grille block on the van right now, But Thanks. I did have a full one on the van a while back in the winter and it was all duct tape. I have to mention though, I was warned that these vans can overheat rather quickly and considering the (Poorly maintained) 1997 Plymouth Voyager I drove prior to this van had paint coming off the hood from overheating, I'll need to be careful. But the ScanGauge II does have the FWT meter which I can use.

BTW, The fuel economy seems to have gone up lately compared to how it was in June and July since we've been buying gas from larger chain gas stations. For those who might not know at the time reading this reply, Back Months ago we bought gas from a small local station and it was like burning a rope that was watered down - The meter said we were getting about 16 MPG at one time which is probably the lowest I've seen it read, I might be getting higher FE than that in the Caprice.

I still need to reset the ScanGauge II.

Earlier Edit, 2013-August-31 - Reason for editing: I added "Read" to "probably the lowest I've seen it," to make more sense

Edit, 2013-September-18: It wasn't actually a completely full grille block, It was on the higher two vents but the lower ones were still open. Also, I do feel like adding a partial grille block.

Last edited by 101Volts; 09-18-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: To add info of the prior grille block