View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Maybe the Officers are not at their best in the middle of the night. I usually am not.

Did they cite him for driving slowly, but not for swerving? I have mentioned before that people, in an otherwise normal conversation, become angry when they learn that I drive 55 MPH on the freeway and they always claim that it is dangerous and that I am impeding traffic, but if there is not traffic, then it is impossible to impede it!

I do not think that we will ever know enough to decide what should or should not have happened, but is there a law about pulling over if there are a certain number of cars behind you? People like saying so when they claim that driving fifty-five is dangerous. It sounds more like he was swerving than pulling over to allow other vehicles to pass and I would hesitate to pass someone that I expected to swerve across the lane at any moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
What if a car is at 55 in a 55 zone and everyone else wanted to go 70? Is the 55 motorist impeding the normal flow of traffic?
That is normally my experience, although the closest stretches of freeway to me are sixty-five, with people wanting to drive 75-80.

I have been cited for speeding and "improper lane usage," but never for driving fifty-five. I was sleepy and did not realize that I was driving on the shoulder, even though there was a "rumble strip!"

I never sustain 30 MPH. Any area that requires driving that slowly always has frequent stops. How fuel efficient is that for normal cars, compared to at least 45 MPH?