View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
Duino for processing signals before MPGuino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeaver View Post
Dear AndrzejM,

I try hard to understand and follow yr thoughts, but I cannot do it fully.

RPM is also a signal that is present at every moment. When shall we consider that it is triggering the measure of Rack + ELR? Are you talking of sampling signal values?

Let me think: we have one injection per cylinder every two turns of the engine, right? Equals 0,5 injections per turn per cylinder. If so, as we have 6 cylinders, then we have: 0,5 * 6 = 3 injections per turn of the engine.

So you want to sample (measure) rack position 3 times per revolution, and just in the moment injection is produced? Is that the idea? And how do you do that?

I am very slow today but I perceive you have a very clear idea in mind, but not how it Works. But my interest increase any minute.

Thank you for the graphic and the explanation, but I still donīt follow you.
I lack of knowledge for it. Please. try to express it even simpler, if posible.

Looking forward for it,

Old Beaver
Dear AndrzejM,

On our email conversations, we come to the fact that it is possible to get the necessary signals from a 1993 MBZ diesel turbo, non OBDII compliant, for feeding a MPGuino trip computer.

In brief:

VSS signal is available in Mercedes and possibly in any old diesel. Or can be taken from a GPS.

Fuel injection signal will be obteined from Governor + ECU and rpm.

Sampling will be triggered by revolution sensor.

To make a signal that is suitable for MPGuino, we need to process it a little bit, before input it to that board.

Y have a old MPguino, very well assembled, with English units which carries a ATMega168 processor. I tried to load to it the Canadian version of the software but it has not enough memory for that.

Due to that, I bought a ATMega 368 processor thinking in swapping it in the MPGuino, having this way a lot more memory, which we eventually may use for the additional code needed.

I also have a programmer which carries a ATMega368 also.

And I have a FreeDuino board, however, with no parts, empty. All bought in the US by mail a couple of years ago.

Bellow I attached small pictures of all these parts.

What is the best way to accomplish our objectives, from the hardware point of view?

Oldbeaver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FreeDuino & AT368.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	13685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mpguino01.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	13686   Click image for larger version

Name:	MPguino02.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	13687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Programmer.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13688  

Last edited by oldbeaver; 08-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Spelling and improving