View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,594 Times in 7,077 Posts
ChazInMT demonstrates canonical use of the template.

Quote:
I have also thought of fairing at least the top of the Jetta / Trailer unit to maintain flow as I have seen in other parts of the Forum.
Maybe save that for v2.0. That's a can of worms.

Quote:
I plan on doing a little welding and reducing the weight by eliminating some of the frame cross members in order to reduce weight.
So you see the problem.

Quote:
The axle would not be attached to the bottom of the trailer if I enclosed it. It would float in the open space. Are there other implications of that technique that you had in mind?
Where is this open space? Is it between the top of the deck and the bottom of the aluminum skin? I'd be looking at independent rubber torsion or elastomeric snubbers.

Quote:
by blunt do you mean like a rounded wing leading edge as in a standard teardrop trailer or squared off in the front with a flat panel like a cargo trailer?
Half circular or V-shaped. I'd look at the wake from your Jetta, and fill it, e.g. wide and low. A bluff forebody will let it reattach the turbulent flow off the tow vehicle.

Quote:
Kitchen cabinets on 4 bar links??
Hold that thought. I'm trying to spend a few days out of town before August is gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
4862forestgrove (08-30-2013)