View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #59 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Logic & reason are only relevant to one's knowledge base, as you learn more the implausable becomes plausable.

Low drag calipers in OEM designs, are these specifically with spring openers or is it completely revamped designs, does not necesarilly validate aftermarket additions.

Most of the modifications here are not OEM's on the designated vehicle, yet all of them can be found on one vehicle or another, does this mean they applly to all or no vehicles?

There's a real grey area here, where's the testing, like everyone has cried out in the past where's the ABA testing?

Do these springs give a real benefit or not and to which vehicles, is there potential for a 5mpg gain or is it a vehicle by vehicle benefit, none of it is quantified in any way as far as I can see.

I've been following these trails for both performance and economy and have found that 9/10 times they fail to come through with the goods.

Will a $10 spring set save me $10, don't know, either way the outlay is low, but is there any risk involved, don't know no one has even tried to quantify that aspect.

The most important aspect of a vehicle is stopping it and anything that may compromise this needs to be considered very carefully, there's no problems adding 50 hp to acceleration, the bigger issues are removing that from stopping power.

Quantify it, show me some numbers.