Thread: $105 oil
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 AM   #153 (permalink)
Duffman
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacherville View Post
yeah and I heard a comment on MSNBC that OPEC was saying somthing about $170 a barrel in the near future..

wow the CRX at 50+ mpg is looking like its going to be a gas guzzler at these prices.. Maybe ill need to do a enclosed 50cc moped.. that will bring my use down to about 3-4 gallons a week.. my commute would double in time at 30 mph.. but $10 gas doesn't look to far off in the future..
I don't think there will be $10 gas without some serious inflation. With the price of oil where it is now there has to be some serious alternatives coming online in the next couple years. Oil Shale, coal gasification, Oil sands were all profitable in the $60-$80/barrel range. Demand cant go on forever either despite what the media says, electric cars are very much a reality, third world demand may just demand electric cars instead with cost of operation of gas versions getting insane and abundant electricity generating sources available locally.

I am not saying oil will be as cheap as it was last year or anything, but it is going to have to stabilize somewhere, sometime.