View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: S.E. Florida
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I can't find it now, even after extensive searching, but a more educated individual may have an easier time finding it, or may know exactly what it is. On some planes, or maybe projectiles, there is a small flat part on a pole coming from the front. The air hits it, and the plane/projectile flies with less drag, as the surface area is small for that portion, and the whole thing goes through the wake (?).

Canard (aeronautics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also found on the "Concordski"
Tupolev Tu-144 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  Reply With Quote